.
.
I was able to get geared for today. I didn't stop there. Things will be coming in the mail, some might have been in for all I knew. I wasn't sure I would be able to pull my shoes on. Between the pain of the compression socks over something akin to terribly sunburned skin, to the fact that the compression can only do just so much, to the notion that regular socks were needed over that (to my mind), all to be put into shoes? Still, only one way to find out. Slowly, gingerly, I took each problem one at a time. Oh, it hurt, some of it much more than other parts. In the end though, it really wasn't too bad.
A change of clothes, though not a shower... yet. Dishes have to be tended. I trimmed off the whiskers, if not truly a shave. The beard trimmer works well enough for a rough go at it. Fast but not the best. No longer cordless, the battery seems unable to hold much of a charge or for very long. No problem, don't really need cordless. And it would still work for a time or two if pressed and with patience. Dang... skinny... Okay, not truly skinny... just comparing the last time I looked at my shaven face to now. Still fat, all about, mostly midsection. Down two belt sizes, as that odd thing goes.
Just to the post office, for now. I may, if I get the dishes handled, take a shower and go to town later. Not likely, but a shower would be fine. The Keens are big enough that they don't hurt to put on, not sure how long I can wear them though. My feet are swollen enough, even with the socks, to fill the extra sizes in length and extra width, without any fuss either way. And they are actually comfortable. It's nice to have shoes on again. Sam and Sass are letting me know breakfast, theirs, is past due. So be it. Oh, about breakfast? My mother said something about cookie sheet, 350 F, ten to fifteen minutes... I doubted her. Which, of course, is why I did it. Uhrm, okay. She is right. Great for serving more people at a time, or a big batch for whatever. Easier to get the bacon fat too. A little practice and the time to crisp preference could be zeroed to a science, mostly. Just saying.
Oh, right. A book was in that I will be consuming. I bought it through a recommendation regarding stitching and other work on rope and webbing, for climbing though would go toward a webbing harness, or several, for various purposes. As it turns out, the book is easily read, and very informed to the whole art of the climb. It's title is "On Rope". The other thing that came is the end of my stay here. It is a request for a doctor's stamp of approval to keep my drivers license. I will keep it as long as I can, but without a doctor, or medicine, I will eventually have to send in the license. The deed, if not done, is done. I am going to have to be out in a year, two tops. But then... I knew that. Now so do you.
Well... on to a bit more actually waking, a bit of something to quench the thirst, and then the rest of my day. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here