Monday, April 5, 2021

Up at noon.

.
.
Late, but after last night I am almost surprised to be awake this early.  Lungs aren't too funky, the best they have been for days.  And my feet have drained, impossibly, without filling my lungs?  I don't quite get that, since I slept clean through.  No waking up to go to the bathroom all night.  And when I went to bed, my feet were rather puffy.

Teeth were just brushed, so I wait an half hour to eat or drink.  Which means I have to wait on medicines.  I don't mind, I actually got up, when initially going to bed last night, because I thought I had missed medicines.  Good thing, probably?  I had missed them.  Today is going into the seventh day, and I haven't missed medicine yet, even though it is beating the heck out of me.

Medicine, then kefir.  I may try bacon and eggs again, just... something.  Again, I am not hungry.  However, I really need to eat.  If I am not hungry at lunch... or what will pass for lunch, I will have a kefir or smoothie.  I will have supper, if just a small pot of soup.  Which... sounds good to me.  With veggies this time.

Oh, my trial of frozen celery?  Not so good.  I had hoped to pull it, and be able to eat peanut butter with it.  They were like wet noodles.  I'm not even sure I would put them in soup.  So, that is out.  Carrots might work?  Raw?  The problem, for me, is that carrots last a long time in the fridge.  I don't need to freeze those.

I have two gigs, if I am going better through the day or tomorrow, I may begin with.  I would like to pickle eggs and sausage.  Not a lot, I am not sure that will work out.  Oh, sure, you can do it.  But if it isn't the right sausage, the flavors and/or textures may not work out.  Some people eat dirt, that doesn't mean I will.  And, I may try to boil the eggs in the instapot.  Some of the sausage needs cooked, some doesn't.  I may make sausage and sauerkraut, with way too much sausage for that dish.  Just cooking the extra for in with the pickled eggs.  Hmm, there should be enough eggs and sausage to try two or three smaller pickled mix egg/sausage jars... to give me an idea of what I prefer... or maybe it will all work.

The other thing I would like to try are eggbites.  I won't be trying those today, as the one of the suggestions is to leave the 'batter' in the refrigerator overnight.  Perhaps, if I can get to things, I might make the batter sometime today and set it to rest in the refrigerator.  It won't be too difficult to set up, or even clean up after.  I wasn't able to stand, very long at once, the last few days.  So, we will see.  That would be the potential limit, especially if I do other things.

Oh, and two more things which... have me interested in spreading my culinary wings even further afield.  Not today, certainly.  Between not having everything needed, or set up anyway... kefir whey, what I have is too old, and dried fruits, I have none.  Anyway... things on my mind.  Truly whey soured sauerkraut and various fruit vinegars.



Why?  Because I can, because it isn't all that expensive done in small batches, because I like to try various foods.  Imagine a raisin vinegar, cherry vinegar, or dried plum vinegar based sauerkraut?  Well, and of course, the various vinaigrettes or even vinegar drinks which could be made?  Especially since all of these will have mothers, too.  I won't make a dozen at a time though.  One, two, maybe three vinegars?  And only one or two sauerkrauts types at a time.  Jars are limited anyway.  Mostly.

However, first things first.  To wake up.  Chores as soon as possible.  All the chores at once?  Hmm, maybe I could let the ducks out right now, setting their water going, then tend the rabbits when I can stand well, get my breath back from waking up.  Yea, it... takes my breath out of me, just waking, sitting, standing, and getting down here to sit.  Ducks I can do... now.

I am hoping to at least tear through boxes, maybe bring more upstairs.  Taking anything down which will go down... a bunch of cans of tomatoes... stewed, diced, and pureed.  Perhaps other foods, as I look, will go down.  As well, upstairs.  Clearing, sprinkling with baking powder if I can clear enough of the area, and perhaps putting the mats out to sun-clean either today or tomorrow.  Tomorrow... so they get more air and sun... a bit late today.

Light work.  Well, add in dishes and counters, getting trash out.  Too late to go today, but there wasn't much and I... couldn't.  I was lung-swamped yesterday... pretty much all day.  Better today, but I don't want to push it.  Still, catching up in the kitchen, and doing a bit more elsewhere, just... light work.  I think I can.

Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here