.
The soup I made last night? I... was thinking it might not have been done right. Well, and it wasn't. First, it was far too flat. Then I oversalted. And... then, somehow, I made or left it too fat, but the wrong kind of fat. Burger juice, when it is the main fat, is... too... wrongly fatty.
So I worked it again today. Adding sour cream and whole cream, water, salt in moderation, and put that on heat. And? And that turned out wonderfully. I love it when it works. And that worked. And is so very filling. Though, I did have two bowls.
Then again, yesterday, I feasted on chicken. So... right. That, I was full, on top of the soup not tasting good. From the problems. So it was a double thing. Oh, but simple beef soup? I'm telling you, you really can't beat it. If I could figure out how to pull the meat off a chicken, that would work well too. Hmm... may have to make another whole chicken, roasted. Eat what I can while it is warm. Then shred all the rest after it cools. That might do, it's just... it's a bit of work. Between the prep, baking, and eating. Having energy over after. Though... I could put the remnants in a ziplock bag. That would do, if I didn't have the energy left to pull the meat that night? Sure.
Because, chicken soup would be better, IF the chicken is good. And I have been having great luck with whole chickens, but they cost $15 bird, or more. Ugh. That's more than I pay for steak! And... probably per pound of meat, too. Double ugh! Still, soup lasts... a week. A chicken, for a pot, for the week? Or even three or four days? Yes... maybe.
I have been looking at grass finished beef. But boy do those cost. Not sure I'd go for a quarter or half, or such. Just... no. I don't eat too much of what is offered. Have little interest in tri-tip roasts, or sirloin, definitely not bottom round roasts. Just... haven't found a good use for them. Too lean to eat. Though sliced, could make jerky. But... that'd... be far too expensive for jerky. If I make jerky, I'm looking for beef at half that cost, or less. I also don't piss in silver vessels, let alone gold. Just saying.
Still, the ribeyes? If they actually prove out to taste better, and I get the sense there is a better health factor to grass fed and finished? Maybe. Especially since a full placket of ribeye, a box of burger, and couple of chuck roasts would last me three to five months. So... yes, maybe. Although? The prices vary from one ranche to the next. Some are as much as double the price. I'm suspicious of the cheaper. But also suspicious of the more expensive. If... my suspicions are different per. :p
Hmm, coffee is even good tonight. It wasn't yesterday. But, then again, I was full. Something about being full, or nearly, or having been recently? It... changes my whole attitude toward food and even drink. If I've been full withing twelve to eightteen hours? I... don't like food anymore. A good thing. I don't mind that. Sometimes I even have to push water. When I know I need water. Still, all good.
--------
Walked off and forgot to post. Its...three hours and change later.
I gamed. But may be quitting the Arc game. There are all sorts of troubles with it. It loses stuff. Important, big items, that took a very long time to create. Makes it impossible not to cheat. The game just... forgets. Fails. And, it's so complicated, that... remembering how to make things is nigh on impossible. Plus, some of what is required is... very difficult to even find, even with some sort of cheat on. Plus? Some of the rare items disappear (planned this time) over time. It's... just... too much.
I like what they thought to do with the game. But it is asking too much. More so on consoles. Which have memory limits/problems and too few of inputs. I hate spending three days making an item only to have the game just... forget I had it? Wow. It kills any incentive to work it. Then one just uses the cheats to create it, then starts... making other things while at it. But... that totally kills the game. My mistake in buying it.
It is an improvement over the previous game. But, it is broken in ways the old game wasn't, too. Oh well. I'll see if the other game has some sort of race going. Both games, though, try to force you to play online. Penalize, even cheat against you, if you don't. Which... is a reason not to play those games.
Either they are fishing for data to steal, or somehow using your system for their uses, at best immorally, probably illegally, to hack other machines or systems. Or, that's my guess. No one does anything because all the big players are doing it, or trying to do it.
Well... on to something. Maybe just back on to bed. Not sure yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here