Thursday, February 8, 2024

The newest food trick?

.
.
I have been making soups.  And... leaving them on the cooktop.  Eating from them for days.  I... just... don't like that.  Though, I don't think putting metal pans in the fridge.  Nor do I like plastics, anymore.  I do have glass containers, but not of the right sizes.  Ugh.

So?  So... I bought some glass pots.  So as to cook the soups.  Let cool.  Put in the refrigerator, perhaps with clingwrap over the top as well.  Then, to pull back out in the morning, remove the wrap, let warm.  Then, later in the day, to heat up and redo, over and again.

I did as much research on borosilicate glass as I could.  It seems to get genuinely reasonable, healthwise.  It... does have a bit more fragility, a lot more than stainless, cast, or such that I typically use.  So, if I am in better shape, and can manage metal pans and pots, I will use those.  But while I am under the weather, I will use these.  It would be too easy to eat bad food, given that I am sleeping for days, and not... necessarily aware how long I have been down.

They aren't even so much more expensive than stainless pots.  I'd say they cost about the same price as stainless I would trust to actually be stainless.  You can get cheaper, but what that really is, how thick it is, that's... a whole other can of worms.  I purchased two, so I have some breathing room between stews and soups without having to rush a cleaning job.  But two should do, since I often eat from one pot for... six to even ten days?  Well, definitely longer than I should, as I am doing it.  But, with the refrigerating process, and the heating to kill anything, again, daily.  It... should be safer.

Just a thought for some of you.  I'm telling you, meaty soup is absolutely delicious, lasts a long time, is easier than pie to make, and has more nutrition than any vegetable or grain options.  Mixing those things merely cuts the nutritional value.  You... could eat plants.  But... plants, while they can't defend themselves?  Can and do poison you.  It's true.  Meats?  They... just all want to get along.  *grins*  And, so we do.

I am really hoping, though, to get a chicken soup going.  I would try a rotisserie chicken, but I know they use seed oils to cook the thing.  Poison.  If they would just use butter, lard, tallow, or coconut oil?  But they... don't.  So I stay away from any food cooked out, these days, if at all possible.  Even steak houses probably use something like peanut, or even soy, oil.  Yeah.

Sort out a few things on the game.  Need a shower before too long.  Got to weigh in.  Almost want to eat, but don't think I will?  Maybe.  Yea, I will have some of the sweater custard.  Hmm, need to look for a larger ramekins.  I like the smaller ones.  But, sometimes, for a larger batch, a larger one, or several larger sizes, would be good to experiment with.  For ease of production, presentation, storage.  And... to see if the texture, taste, and such, differs that way.  Custard is truly a wonderful food when no other food will pass the lips, for... whatever reason.

It is horrible to be terribly hungry and unable to even, mostly, contemplate food.  Food is a gift from God.  Almost as good as women.  More necessary, in the short term.  Meh.  :p  Later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here