.
Not barely, but... sort of barely? What kills me is how long it takes to get there. Some days it takes two, even closer to three hours. Some days it takes just a bit over an hour to an hour and a half. I just can't tell which it will be. I meant to head out around 4:30 this morning, but didn't get started until 5:30? Or so. I... was a bit worried, had an eight appointment.
But I got there by just at 07:00. I mean walking in the door at 6:57 type. Which... was fine. I decided to go have breakfast... after checking the time. The open at 7:00, so the long walk would see me just in at the opening. And there were a few workers there before me.
Eggs, sausage, bacon, and I cheated with a... not a muffin... a biscuit! It... wasn't spectacular, but I wasn't eating it, precisely, for it's flavor. Merely for something to sop up some of the yolk. Which... it did well enough. I needed as much food in me as I could get. And, breakfast was good.
Then on back to my appointment upstairs. Optometry, or the other one? But more of a specialty thing. There is... some sort of damage. But, whether it is from age... or something else? And, whether it is getting worse or not? Questions.
Oh, I'll tell you. They truly hate the word "carnivore". I think a lot of older people are turning to that, since we can't trust doctors. We are destroying their business. It is hilarious to have them say I shouldn't do it, while it does everything they have been telling me to do for years.
I'm losing weight, and a lot of it. Blood sugar is averaging below 124. My medicinal requirements for handling bp have lowered by significant reductions, or complete eliminations. And all they can say is that I shouldn't? Or that it isn't wise? Really? Laugh, I tell you. Can't take these people seriously, at all.
Then I went over to another part, where they do fittings. Described my trouble with my glasses. The woman can't offer lighter weight glasses, the VA just doesn't have them. But she could offer a different type of foot, for the glasses nose arms? Not sure exactly how to describe it. Mine where a hard plastic, she had more of a gel type available. So we swapped. I kept the old ones, in case these don't work out. But... okay... trying to improve life, talking to those who... could and should know.
Then I went to the ER. Stood in line while another guy was being signed in. Got up. Gave my data. Was pretty much ready when the clerk handed me a face mask. I just looked at him, said "No", and left. The look on his face? Don't care. No.
So, I may have another source of medical care opened up to me. I'm going to explore that and the availability today. If I can get a visit, to a follow-up on the leg, and maybe start having a local gp? I'll do it. I'm liking going to the VA less and less. While I was there, there were perpetual "employees" walking the halls, looking in every room. One, a young black, really made me feel uncomfortable. Dressed in scrubs, like a surgical set, cap included, and he... wasn't a doctor. Definitely not a doctor. But there was a young white too. Looked like a farmboy. Built like a wrestler. Several women. It... must be a hollowed out mess? They aren't treating many people. And... I can see why.
What they didn't kill off is rather, at best, suspicious of them. I'll run one last time with them, but after that, if I can't get it done local, I'll... skip it I think. I just hope congress is watching, and cuts their funding commensurate with their decrease in veteran service. They shouldn't be continued to be funded like that without service. I just hope, at some point, money per client causes the VA to actually attempt to serve and please their clients, not shove us away and out. Or... they just shutters the places, and give us insurance for other institutions (more of our choice).
Don't serve and even attempt to work with, please. Hire hateful folk, for more and more becoming elder care? No. And, hand out medical advice that is contrary to the advice you berated people about for years? Really? Or... maybe I'll just cancel. And begin seeking local care on all things. I'm not sure how secure that hospital actually is at this point. I felt like I was being cased. If a wallet was off me, and I was sort of out of it for a procedure, I wouldn't trust it not to disappear. And they'd protect "their own".
Ugh.
I'm trying to sort out the options. But I'd so love to be asleep. I did eat at a sub shop on the way home. Just... needed more food. It's been days, mostly. A week? I needed some food. And it was mostly meats. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here