Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A bit more sleep than usual.

.
.
Yesterday was a long day.  Since I haven't been doing much, just getting to the range was a bit.  It wasn't a literal strain, merely a drain.  Getting slightly burned added to the drain, if it was all good.  Need to get a little color back.  And, I ended up eating three squares, which did at to it.  On top of that, I opened windows and turned the furnace off and kept it that way overnight.  A little extra sleep was sort of expected.  I set the alarm for an eight hour sleep, but kept pushing the wake time out an hour.  I did that twice anyway.  But after the second time, Sassy decided that it would probably be a good thing if I woke and fed her.  And, she knows how to wake me without... getting a free ride.  So... half way through the second cycle I woke and fed the girls.  The thermo suggests it is about 63 in here.  Now, if that is as warm as the day would get, I would consider closing everything down and turning the furnace up.  But it will start getting warmer.  It is possibly going to hit into the 70's this week, maybe today.  So... I am going to enjoy the cool, this morning anyway, and as long as spring lasts.  Last summer it was 95 almost every day, and not a cool day below 85 that I remember.  Bleh!

Still, in an hour or so, a shower and maybe a shave.  I have some things to do, so I won't be using much energy this morning.  I do feel better.  And I have been taking medicines like clockwork again.  I had to get out of bed, to take the last of them last night.  That is incentive to make sure to get it all before I crawl into bed.  Crawling out of bed, and sleep, when realization hits, is... annoying and difficult.  But, yeah, it's worth it.  Better just to make sure to take it and sleep well and easily.

After yesterday's shoot, I am hoping to get out, even just myself, a few times a week until I have my mojo back.  That was embarrassing.  I have found, though, that once I get back on the edge of very good shooting that I can then back off.  I just like to keep that edge, not just waste money and time trying to perfect a honed skill.  When well practiced, two or three shoots, perhaps fifty to a hundred rounds per caliber/gun type, a month, will keep that edge.  When you can bounce a can at 30 to 50 yards with a pistol... you've got it on and need not worry more, at least for practical applications.  I'm just not into contest shooting.  There is only one contest that concerns me, and I won't even initiate that sort of thing, and don't look forward to it.  I just wish .22's would come back on the market at a real price.  I need to store a few bricks up, first, and then only shoot what I can replace.  I do mean just a few bricks, perhaps four.  I have heard of guys who have 200k .22's.  They will never, ever, shoot that much.  That is called hording.  And, yes, that is wrong, in my opinion, at least at this point, as things stand.

Yesterday, while visiting some folk, I offered get them to the range.  I thought the daughter said she wanted to go.  I blurted something out.  I hope it... didn't sound too mocking.  Just, well, I'm not used to girls wanting to shoot.  I didn't laugh, thankfully, but almost.  I know, I know.  But the longer day had led me to be in a bit of a... less than diplomatic capacity.  Oh, sure, there are females who shoot.  There are also cats which swim.  Never mind.  As I said, at least I didn't laugh.  

Life is improving.  Medicines have become regulated, I have balanced myself with them and finally at full dose, and everything is beginning to even out and improve again.  Got to hand it to myself, I didn't quit.  I really, at times, through those six months, thought about it.  I really started wondering if all that could possibly be worth the effort and pains.  I kept it positive here, on the blog, at least regarding medicine.  But I was beginning to wonder.  I don't even know why the medicine would be so harsh with me.  It isn't for most.  It can be hard for many to take, but merely because of the exhaustion it causes, leading to a confused mind.  For whatever reason, taking these medicines, or at least getting them to level, is physically traumatic for me.  But, I am there now.  And things are good again.  If I ever drop off them, even for a week or two, as soon as I realize it, or can, I will be right back on them.  I think the only real time it will be a huge problem is if I stay off them for a month or more.  Then something simply changes.  But I do have to admit, even on them, at level, staying on them absolutely regularly, in the condition I find myself, is no simple trick.  Wake, some night, at your midnight, after several hours of sleep, and walk a tightrope over broken glass.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Failing is very harsh, but... doing this every night is going to... you will fail, from time to time.  That, my friends, is my lot in life.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.  So be it.

Still, I won't complain more.  I... sort of enjoy challenges.  I wish I could take on more serious, or external, challenges.  Racing cars at 150 to 230 miles an hour would be a kick.  Sky diving would be a gas, base jumping even more so.  Collecting rattle snakes, wrestling bears, and hunting wild bore on foot all seem... reasonable.  But, that is not where I am at, so I'll... stick to my rope balancing act.  Later.

2 comments:

  1. As you know, Daisycat is the gun nut in this family. And my teen niece definitely wants to go shooting next time she comes out west.

    Mock if you will, but there is a very good reason why G. Gordon Liddy's "Stacked and Packed" calendar was such a hit for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm not... well... wasn't... I mean, yeah, I like the idea. But with some women, it just doesn't fit. It would be like seeing a 75 pound women in an arm wrestling contest, in this case. Or, how about this, it caught me in the sail at a... funny angle.

    I was willing to taker her out, with her dad or mom along, or one of the brothers, anyway. It's just... It hit me just a certain way. I'll probably be taking her little brother out sometime. I don't know about two brothers at once, is all. Not with loaded guns! Not at first.

    Still... hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here