Sunday, April 6, 2014

FireFox to Blue Moon.

.
.
Yes, boys and girls.  I talked about it the other day.  Wasn't sure how possible it was to change browsers, but I rattled sabers at a fellow blogger's blog and he drew down on the notion.  Meh, let HIM do the homework, which he did.  Bastard.  No... that's a compliment... in these parts anyway.  So, sure enough he DID do the homework.  Now I am forced to either eat crow, which ain't too bad, even cold, if you... know how to do it, and I do, or man up.  In this case I have decided to man up, for no particular reason.  Oh, wait, no, there is a reason.  And, further, I meant what I said.  You won't box me in with my words.  But I do, generally live by them, so...

Now, problems... of course.  There is a mitigation tool, the only option for automatically transferring your FireFox user profile from FireFox to Blue Moon.  That might work for some, but it keeps failing when I try it.  The advice I am getting, so far, from online, sucks rotten eggs.  They suggest the tool is for those who don't know how, or even where, to transfer files.  Majidjits!  I know how to do that and have been doing that longer than most of these nitwit programers and guides have been alive!  Damned kids.  What they don't do is tell me which files to transfer.  I've seen two different guides, and followed them to the letter, to absolute failure.  Well, not absolute.  Being that I don't trust majidit kids, I created backups before wiping the old files with what I was told to import.  So, I haven't had to start from scratch.  Damned kids. 

Still, that means that, so far, I have no idea which program files to copy and import and their suggestions aren't helpful.  But, yes, it will, eventually, as soon as the smarmy little bastards decide to let me know which files to actually copy and paste, happen.  FireFox is going to be crushed by it's foolish adherence to the gay agenda.  So will every business and politician.  Americans are very tired of getting pushed around and there are a whole hell of a lot more of us than them.  Custer had it good in comparison.  Things are changing.  People, when they had absolute majority, and freedom, and excessive wealth, were willing to go along to get along.  Well, most of you.  But now that you don't hold the majority, and are finding out just how intolerant the new budding minority majorities are, you are starting to realize you are going to have to fight, be crushed, or even killed.  A little wake up call has been sounded.  Yum!

FireFox is dead in my eyes.  As soon as I can... figure this crap out.  Damned kids.  Just list the files!

13 comments:

  1. Pale Moon, and the instructions for the migrator did say that if you don't have your profile in the expected location, it would not work.

    I'd try helping, but it looks like you've got a variety of less than useful sources, don't need another one.

    I switched on two of my computers so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I found the files, and they seem to be in the right place. The thing is, I am simply not sure WHICH files to copy and past. I tried all of them, in the main file, as was suggested. That did not work at all.

    If you happen to see anything about which files to transfer, or know which files, that would be good. It's all I need to know.

    The port program suggests that there are a lot of reasons for it not to work, and that it wasn't made to be very flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At C:\Users\(your user name)\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\ copy the whole directory you find there (some random alphanumeric name) and paste over to C:\Users\(your user name)\appdata\roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\profiles\

    You may need to type in the directory name "appdata" when you get to (your user name) directory to view it. It is a hidden directory on my Win7 machine (curse! the name of Bill (spit) Gates!) Once typed in, it should reveal the remainder of the subdirectories, including the Firefox and Pale Moon directories noted above.

    Also should delete whatever other directory preexists under Pale Moon\profiles\, then restart Pale Moon. Your bookmarks and passwords should now be part of your Pale Moon experience. If not, then I don't know any more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. To unhide hidden folders (just did this myself just now on my machine), go to Start-Control Panel-Folder Options, click the View tab, look for "hidden files and folders" and click the "show hidden files, folders, and drives" button. Then face westward, standing, invoke the name of Bill Gates, extend middle finger and hurl an epithet of your choice.

    After that the folders you were formerly deemed too stupid to be allowed to view, now come into view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah!

    Some of what you wrote did help. I looked over the ins and outs of some of it, and made headway. There were areas I thought I had fixed that I had not, read-only files were still active, I had merely made everything visible. Bleh. I then found a bit more data, as XP is slightly different, in ways.

    I found the files, transferred them, again, but whole this time, I guess. Can you ever really trust the machine to do what you tell it to do, at any step? Then BM wouldn't work, but having backed things up, I set them to rights, and it worked. Then I checked files, again, to make sure they were okay, and tried one more time. It worked! Well, BM did. My bookmarks, etc., were nowhere to be found. I don't even know how that is possible, since I copied from FF to BM profiles.

    Never mind, I'll figure it out before too long, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is this BM of which you speak?

    (bowel movement?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. [hint: it's in the title]

    *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hint back: it's not called Blue Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not going to write the whole name of everything, every time I write about something. FF and BM are good enough. If people can't skip rope, it's a personal problem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Ah! Now I see your point. Gah! I hate it when I make a mistake, argue for it well and hard, THEN notice. *giggles like a girl* Still... it's fun. If you can't laugh at yourself, pick someone else. But failing that, at least laugh hard and in a group? Yeah, that'll work.

    Thanks for the poke on the nose. I guess, in my mind, I had confused pale moon with blue moon, I think they use both, somehow, somewhere, and I just liked blue moon better. (Blue Moon project? Something.)

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here