Thursday, April 10, 2014

Haiku Monday - Trouble

.
.
A newcomer is up with the contest.  The Lovely One, as she goes by, is up here.  I was in no condition, this weekend, to try to get going on that, but it is being held over.  Which means that I will be submitting.

Sometimes I just can't, especially on short notice.  The old mule and the bridge scenario.  But it is never what it seems.  If a mule won't go somewhere, it is because it believes it can't.  And no matter what you throw at it, that is less than the risk it sees.  And, so, I sat.  But I did let her know, and she has allowed me a path around, so I am about to take it.  She is suggesting to judge this weekend, but I will try to get her to, if she needs to judge this weekend, to not put it up until Monday, so as to restart next weeks contest back in date-stamp proper form.  Noobs!  Then again, I pretty fair well messed up my first contest better than she did!  Yum!  Grumpy, traditionalist old cusses, us haiku'ers tend to be, I tell ya.

Only two for judging, so...  But you know me.  I let them flow and pick later.  Three, four, five, nine, I never know.  Three, usually, just to get the juices flowing.  Though sometimes I bite my tongue at three or five.  If I can play.  Some themes, sometimes, just hit me in the quads.  Not to the left, not to the the right, but right in the middle.  Not this time.  Urhm, or in that way.  It's an unusual, foreign, topic, again.  But I will try.
Gun Safety Rules

she kissed me, twice
said something about love, respect-
it's ALWAYS loaded
Move Faster

the sun, and temp, down
out and about regardless
iced - no choice left
Shaving

straight razor shift
changing ways comes with a price
cheaper requires skill

Son of a Bitch

some say bad luck - seed
born on a blue moon - to "her"
society pays



4 comments:

  1. Is that what you call a half-cocked gun?

    Anywho, for an ole dilapidated mule you do alright .. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No COMMENT! :p

    If you... enjoyed... all good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa! Love IS trouble...be it half cocked or locked and loaded:D

    Good luck with that, my clam schmacking clam, for a friend.

    Oh, and I do love a man with his quads in a quandary....open 'n hope'n or wrap 'em around TIGHT! Which shall it be tonight?

    HaHa! Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed. And thanks for the rhyme. The trouble with... tribbles? :)

    Always in a quandary, by the way. As well, for safety's sake, always assume the latter. Usually only the former after discharging the latter, without any guarantees however. Even then, it may yet be loaded.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here